- Golfers without an official handicap will only be allowed access to the golf course when space is available and at off peak times. A group must be attended by a player who was an official handicap or by Sokhna Golf Club Caddie.
- Children under 8 years are permitted to play under the supervision of an adult member and with prior approval of the Director of Golf.
- Juniors under 18 years may play on the course without restriction upon obtaining recognized club handicap.
- Juniors without club handicap can only play on the course with approval of the Director of Golf.
- During weekends or public holidays the golf department has the right to pair together teams to make threesomes or foursomes.
- All players must have their own set of clubs and golf bag when playing.
- Golfing related fees must be paid in the pro shop before starting the round.
- All gold members must sign in & book a tee time from the Shop.
- Golfer must register themselves and their guests in the pro shop upon arrival at the course. This allows the Pro Shop to:
* Issue receipts for green fees, carts, range balls, etc.
* Assist with arrangements for games.
* Have the clubs and carts (or caddies) ready to go.
* Confirm tee off times.
- Before starting, golfers must check in with the starter to confirm order of play and present their green fee receipt.
- Golfing spectators are welcome at Sokhna Golf Club with prior approval of the professional staff.
- Only hit from designated area, hit only from in between the dividers.
- An adult must accompany children under 12 years.
- Non golfers visiting range area must be accompanied by a caddie or range attendant.
GOLF CARTS should be:
- Signed out before play.
- Limited to two passengers.
- Driven on car paths where provided.
- Golf carts are prohibited from any sandy waste areas.
- Driving and renting only by persons 18 years of age and older.
Any damages or injury resulting from operation of a golf cart must be reported to the Pro Shop immediately. All individuals drive carts at their own risk and are responsible for the costs of repairs for any damage.
What people wear on the course and driving range has a direct bearing on Sokhna Golf Club's reputation and public image. Sokhna Golf Club is dedicated to the highest standards and traditions of the game, it is important that individuals dress in appropriate golfing attire.
The Following attire is NOT acceptable:
Denim jeans swimming/jogging shorts, flip/flop/sandal shoes, collarless t-shirts, training/tracksuit pants, football/rugby shirts. The club notice board and website hold current information regarding dress regulations. The decision of the club employee is final in the dispute of whether a garment is suitable or not.
RULES OF PLAY AND ETIQUETTE
- USGA and Royal & Ancient Rules and regulations are always in effect except in cases where modified by local rules. Sokhna Golf Club is committed to ensure a reasonable pace of play for all members. If a match fails to keep its space on the course and loses more than a clear hole on the players ahead, it must allow the match following to play through. In severe cases of slow play, a match may be required to pick up their golf balls and advance to an open hole, if the match concerned does not comply with the directions from the Marshall they may be removed from the course.
- It is required that the course marshals instructions be followed at any times.
- A round should be completed in 4 hours or less, if play is unobstructed.
- No outside caddies are permitted.
- Each player is requested to repair ball marks, replace divots and rake sand traps to ensure excellent conditions for all golfers.
The management at Sokhna Golf Club reserves the right to suspend or revoke privileges for breaking any of these rules